Certified Environmental Specialist Training
24.0 CE Hours
The Certified Environmental Specialist course has been established to give an intensive overview on EPA regulations to professionals who are working within the safety and environmental fields. Working on projects that can pose a potential danger to the public or environment—environmental compliance knowledge and implementation is a must in the workplace. This course covers the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) rule, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or “Superfund”) and environmental compliance planning and expectations.
This course is designed for environmental professionals who want to maximize their environmental compliance and ensure public safety in the workplace.
This course provides essential knowledge and understanding of EPA regulations relating to hazardous wastes such as the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), SPCC Rule, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, and CERCLA.
The course will enable those who successfully complete the qualifications to implement updated environmental compliance programs at their facility.
There are no pre-requisite requirements for this course.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operations
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan
All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
Upon successful completion of course you will be able to print your certificate.