8-Hour RCRA Refresher: California
This course is designed for Environmental Professionals who want to maximize their compliance efforts for safety in the workplace. We will cover various types of hazardous waste that may occur at work sites and suggests precautions and protective measures to reduce or eliminate these hazards.
TThroughout the course, we will examine the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), as well as the roles of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California state department in managing hazardous wastes. We will learn how to comply with the RCRA program in managing hazardous wastes from “cradle to grave,” i.e., from the time it is generated to its ultimate disposal.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how the RCRA structure works, including tracking, permitting, inspection, and enforcement procedures
- Identify listed hazardous waste and determine if a waste exhibits the characteristics of hazardous waste, which include ignitability, reactivity, corrosivity, and toxicity
- Explain universal waste regulations and universal waste destinations
- Lesson 1: RCRA – The Law
- Lesson 2: Hazardous Waste Identification
- Lesson 3: Universal Waste
- Five questions at the end of each lesson
Final Exam Info:
- 20 questions at the end of the course