SST 1-Hour Asbestos/Lead Awareness
Learn about the hazards of asbestos and lead. Discover how to protect yourself from asbestos and lead exposure. Enroll now to earn credit for your SST card!
Provider ID Number: 4T02
This is a 360training course. 360training is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
About This Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
Asbestos and lead were previously used to construct products found in commercial and residential buildings before their dangerous health effects were discovered. Construction workers are at high risk for asbestos or lead exposure, especially while working in building demolition and renovation.
This course focuses on the properties and dangers of asbestos and lead, which materials or activities put you at risk, and how to protect yourself from exposure to dangerous materials.
Exposure to asbestos and lead at work leads to other people in your life being potentially exposed. Just some dust on your clothes, skin, and tools can contaminate personal vehicles, furniture, and home surfaces. Understanding the risks and avoidance of asbestos and lead protects you and everyone you love.
This course fulfills 1 hour of specialized elective credit toward earning or renewing your Site Safety Training (SST) card.
After completing the lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you'll receive a certificate of completion. You get three attempts to pass the final exam.
Note, THIS IS AN AWARENESS-LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
To legally and safely identify, maintain, or remove asbestos or lead, you need to complete U.S. EPA-approved training and obtain all mandatory state- and city-specific licenses. Failure to do so may result in fines or a possible prison sentence.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- What is Asbestos?
- How does asbestos affect the Human Body?
- Where can Asbestos be Found?
- How to Avoid Exposure to Asbestos
- What is Lead?
- How does lead affect the Human Body?
- Where can Lead be Found?
- Define terms associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Recognize where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry.
- Describe the health effects of exposure to asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Become aware of administrative safety requirements associated with asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Make informed decisions and be able to avoid health hazards associated with asbestos and lead.
- List the steps to take when encountering asbestos containing materials (ACM) and lead-based paint (LBP) on the worksite.
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]