Certified Environmental Specialist Training
This Certified Environmental Specialist course provides a thorough overview of EPA regulations. The information provided in this course is essential for professionals working within fields pertaining to safety and environmental work.
Many projects present a potential danger to the public and/or the environment. This course covers the environmental compliance knowledge and implementation to keep a workplace safe for all potentially affected parties.
This course provides a thorough understanding of the following vital policies and procedures:
- The Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) rule
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Emergency Planning & Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or “Superfund”)
- Environmental compliance planning and expectations
Those working around hazardous materials or dangerous environments require training to ensure the utmost safety of everyone on the job site. If you are passionate about the environment and interested in pursuing a career as an environmental specialist, this certification course is essential.
What is an environmental specialist?
Certified environmental specialists are scientists who study particular populations around a worksite and predict how a worksite impacts the environment. These specialists identify and solve problems or areas of concern within various environments. Environmental specialists collect samples of water, soil, plant material, and various other materials to analyze the impact a worksite may create.
These specialists are typically hired as environmental consultants for companies. Their primary job function is researching the environment and developing solutions to reduce waste and environmental dangers.
This course allows environmental professionals to enhance their environmental compliance. This course teaches environmental specialists how to ensure public safety in the workplace while maximizing environmental protection.
This course teaches essential knowledge and understanding of EPA regulations relating to hazardous wastes such as the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), SPCC Rule, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, and CERCLA.
The Environmental Specialist Training enables those who complete the qualifications to implement updated environmental compliance programs at their facility.
There are no pre-requisite requirements for this course.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operations
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan
All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to print your certificate.