Confined Space Entry Training for Construction
This updated version of Confined Spaces 8-Hour Entry Training for Construction offers a new way to experience online training. Designed for the construction industry, this course is for anyone from entry to supervisor level.
This course fulfills OSHA’s education requirements for safety and health and teaches procedures to protect employees who work in confined spaces with limited or restricted access. Confined spaces include, but are not limited to, underground vaults, tanks, storage bins, manholes, pits, silos, process vessels, and pipelines.
This course addresses how to protect employees from the hazards posed by working in or around confined spaces, including requirements for training, identification and assessment of confined spaces, and rescue.
Upon completion, learners will be certified in the OSHA Standard 1926 Subpart AA.
The most mobile-friendly course available features an interactive user interface that makes it easier for users to navigate and control the course. Course design includes interactive games and exercises built to support and reinforce important safety materials and concepts. Clickable icons and featured information and images enhance the overall learning experience for users.
What You Get:
Certificate of Completion
Who Should Take the Training:
Supervisors and managers in construction
Courses Available 24/7
29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Support available by email, phone or chat
Content is updated and current
Who Should Take the Training?:
Construction workers—from entry-level to supervisors
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Employer Responsibilities, Communication and Coordination
- Lesson 3: Program Requirements
- Lesson 4: Permit-required confined space entry permitting
- Lesson 5: Roles and responsibilities
- Lesson 6: Training and employee participation
- Lesson 7: Atmospheric testing and ventilation
- Lesson 8: Controlling hazardous energy
- Lesson 9: Rescue and emergency services
- Lesson 10: Course Summary
This course is designed to meet OSHA standards for employee training in the construction industry by covering the following topics:
- The scope and application of OSHA's standard for confined spaces in construction
- Identification of permit-required and non-permit confined spaces
- Appropriate utilization of OSHA's alternate entry and reclassification procedures
- The roles and responsibilities related to confined spaces
- Program requirements for permit-required confined space entry
- The confined space entry permitting process
- Common hazards found in confined spaces
- The requirements for rescue and emergency services
- Procedures for atmospheric testing
- The control of hazardous energy