DOT Hazmat: Carrier Requirements - Vessel
The objectives of the DOT Hazmat: Carrier Requirements - Vessel course address the requirements for the transportation of hazardous materials by water found in 49 CFR Part 176 of the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR).
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the general operating handling, stowage, and segregation requirements for transporting hazardous materials by commercial vessel;
- Define special requirements for transport vehicles and barges;
- Identify segregation requirements for specific classes of hazardous materials and exceptions to those requirements;
- Compare the uses of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDGC) with the HMR for similarities and differences; and
- Identify and apply the incident reporting requirements.
Section 1 - Module Overview
Section 2 - General Operating Requirements
Section 3 - Handling and Stowage Requirements
Section 4 - Segregation of Hazardous Materials
Section 5 - Requirements for Explosives
Section 6 - Requirements for Specific Materials