DOT Hazmat: Labeling
The objectives of this DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Labeling course address the Federal Department of Transportation training requirements for 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i).
Per 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i)
Function-specific Training. (i) Each hazmat employee must be provided function-specific training concerning the requirements of this subchapter, or exemptions or special permits issued under subchapter A of this chapter, that are specifically applicable to the functions the employee performs.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify hazards by label type;
- Use the Hazardous Materials Table to select appropriate hazard labels;
- Identify exceptions where labels can be altered or are not required;
- Describe where labels should be applied in relation to other markings; and
- Understand how to label packagings containing radioactive materials.
Section 1 - Course Overview
Section 2 - General Labeling Requirements
Section 3 - Additional Labeling Requirements
Section 4 - Labels by Class
Section 5 - Label Specifications
Section 6 - Label Placement
Section 7 - Labeling Exceptions
Section 8 - Radioactive Materials