DOT Hazmat: Marking
The objectives of this DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Marking course address the Federal Department of Transportation training requirements for 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i).
Per 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i)
Function-specific Training. (i) Each hazmat employee must be provided function-specific training concerning the requirements of this subchapter, or exemptions or special permits issued under subchapter A of this chapter, that are specifically applicable to the functions the employee performs.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe where and when markings are applied;
- Explain who is responsible for marking packagings;
- Apply the requirements for marking hazardous materials to non-bulk packages, freight containers, and transportation vehicles;
- Understand exceptions to marking requirements; and
- Identify special types of markings that may be required for international shipments.
Section 1 - Course Overview
Section 2 - General Marking Requirements
Section 3 - Non-bulk Packaging
Section 4 - Bulk Packaging
Section 5 - Identification Numbers
Section 6 - Markings by Hazmat Type
Section 7 - Markings by Bulk Packaging Type