DOT Hazmat: Shipping Papers
The objectives of this DOT Hazmat: Function Specific - Shipping Papers course address the Federal Department of Transportation training requirements for 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i).
Per 49 CFR 172.704(a)(2)(i)
Function-specific Training. (i) Each hazmat employee must be provided function-specific training concerning the requirements of this subchapter, or exemptions or special permits issued under subchapter A of this chapter, that are specifically applicable to the functions the employee performs.
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of shipping papers;
- Demonstrate how to fill out a shipping paper;
- Describe guidelines related to the emergency response number;
- Compare shipper's certification requirements for domestic, international, and air shipments; and
- Identify record retention requirements for shipping papers relating to hazardous materials.
Section 1 - Course Overview
Section 2 - About Shipping Papers
Section 3 - Completing Shipping Papers Steps 1-3
Section 4 - Exemptions and Special Permits
Section 5 - Requirements by Mode of Transportation
Section 6 - Technical Names, Exceptions, and Additional Information
Section 7 - Hazardous Substances and Radioactive Materials
Section 8 - Shippers Certification
Section 9 - General Formatting and Emergency Response Final Exam