40-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
This training provides a comprehensive look at all regulations outlined in the EM 385-1-1 manual. Completing this course will support worker compliance with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Contractor Safety and Health Requirements. EM 385-1-1 compliance is required by all contractors working on military contracts and projects.
This course is for contractors, military and government employees who enforce or must comply to the EM385-1-1 US Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health requirements. This class is taught by experienced instructors with hands-on experience whom will share "real life" scenarios. This Forty (40) hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM 385-1-1 and pertinent Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards for contractors, military and government employees.
There are no prerequisite requirements for this course.
- Understand the OSH Act, the functions and resources of OSHA
- Become aware of the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- Learn the major hazards associated with general industry work and how to avoid, protect or control them. This includes:
- Slips, trips, falls associated with walking and working surfaces
- Effective Egress and fire protection program
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Flammable and combustible liquids and gasses
- Hazards of chemicals
- Electrical hazards
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage and limitations
- Learn the basic elements of a safety and health program
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. No quiz can be failed three times, if you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page. Please be aware the certificate is not an official document.
Some of our satisfied customers
“OSHA.com’s courses are well-thought-out and easy to follow; my employees have had no problems completing their OSHA certification with your courses. Your selection of posters and safety products makes OSHA.com a complete stop for OSHA compliance.”