8-hour EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety & Health
This 8-hour online course provides the needed topics to satisfy the annual requirements for an SSHO. According to EM385-1-1 regulations, an 8-hour refresher training course must be completed annually for Site Safety Health Officers (SSHOs) who have already completed the full 40-hour training.
According to EM385, computer-based training is acceptable and meets the requirements for refresher training. Rest assured our training provides the neccessary material to adequately prepare and refresh the SSHO in hazard analysis and abatement. Our course is taught by experienced instructors with hands-on experience whom will share "real life" scenarios. This 8-hour training course provides information relative to the US Army Corps Safety and Health Requirements Manual, EM 385-1-1 and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction standards. If you require training for multiple employees, please inquire about a group discount for this course.
Upon completing this refresher course, the learner will be able to:
- Keep their qualifications as a Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO)
- Prepare site-specific Accident Prevention Plans (APPs).
- Know responsibilities of an SSHO
- Create an Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs)
- Perform site personnel training, incident response and reporting, jobsite auditing, hazard communication, and more!
- Identify major changes to the 2014 Edition of EM 385-1-1
- Select and use the appropriate PPE on USACE contracts and contracts executed under EM385
- Describe proper equipment and methods for fall protection
- Describe proper methods for material handling, storage and disposal
- Explain the requirements for safe access, use of ladders and protection for floor and wall openings
- Describe proper methods for protection during excavation and trenching activities, and more!
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
The final exam must be passed with a 70% to successfully complete the course. If you fail any quiz or exam three times you will be permanently locked out of the program online and will be forced to complete the course in the classroom.
Once you complete the course, you will be provided with a EM385-accepted completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page.
Some of our satisfied customers
“Your employees were very helpful with any question I had.”