SST 1-Hour Ergonomics
Learn about ergonomic hazards on the worksite to prevent musculoskeletal injuries. Enroll today and earn credit for your SST card!
Provider ID Number: 4T02
This is a 360training course. 360training is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
About This Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
The construction industry requires that employees are capable of managing intense physical demands. Handling heavy loads and repetitive tasks, which can place employees at risk of serious injury, are all too familiar to this workforce.
Work-related musculoskeletal injuries can be caused by both strenuous and seemingly simple physical activities. Muscle strains, sprains and other injuries can be the result of very common actions like lifting, stooping, kneeling, twisting, gripping, stretching, reaching overhead, or manueuvering in awkward positions. More serious debilitating injuries can occur as well like back problems, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, rotator cuff tears, sprains, and strains.
This course will:
- Provide an understanding ergonomics
- Teach you to identify potential musculoskeletal hazards on the job site
- Uncover ways to prevent potential musculoskeletal injuries
- Outline ways to increase productivity and reduce risks
This course fulfills 1 hour of general elective credit toward earning or renewing your Site Safety Training (SST) card.
After completing the lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you'll receive a certificate of completion. You get three attempts to pass the final exam.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an awareness-level orientation ONLY. Your employers must provide you with specific training on:
- Using equipment that can cause musculoskeletal disorders
- Any daily work activity with associated musculoskeletal hazards
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Why is ergonomics important?
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Are you increasing your risk?
- Effective Work Practices and Controls
- Define ergonomics
- Define and explain the term musculoskeletal disorder (MSD)
- Identify the risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders
- Recognize ergonomic hazards and how to avoid becoming injured
- Identify solutions to prevent or minimize musculoskeletal disorders
When Does My Course Expire?
Your course will expire one (1) year after you purchase it (the date you submit payment), unless the course itself indicates otherwise.
How Quickly Will I Get My Certificate of Completion?
Once you finish your course and pass any required exams, you can print your certificate of completion right away.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Certificate?
If you lose your certificate of completion and need a new one, you can contact customer service at (877) 881-2235 or [email protected].
What If I Need a Refund for My Training Course?
If for some reason you are not happy and would like a refund, send us a request within 72 hours of purchase. Here are the eligibility requirements you must meet:
- Your purchase was made no more than 72 hours prior to your refund request.
- You have NOT
- Attempted any portion of a test or exam.
- Requested or been issued a certificate of completion.
- Completed 50% or more of the purchased course.
If you meet all of these criteria, submit your refund request in writing via email to [email protected] with a proof-of-purchase receipt and an explanation for why you are requesting a refund.
You can find more information about our refund policy here.
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]