Workplace Violence Prevention
This course attempts to highlight the problems of violence in the workplace. It identifies the various kinds and what constitutes workplace violence. The course then goes on to explain the potential costs of ignoring workplace violence and the methods that can be utilized to minimize and/or eliminate it from the workplace.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be able to differentiate between the different types of workplace violence
- Observe the different manifestations of violence
- Understand the effects of workplace violence on the victim, co-workers and organization
- Know the various methods that can be used to minimize and prevent workplace violence
- Understand what a Workplace Violence Prevention Program is, and how it can be developed and implemented
- Types of Workplace Violence
- Modes of Workplace Violence
- The Effects of Workplace Violence
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- What is a Workplace Violence Prevention Program?
- Developing a Workplace Violence Prevention Program