Lockout/Tagout Safety in the Workplace
This mobile compatible course is designed to inform employees about the requirements for lockout/tagout during servicing and maintenance of machines or equipment. Also covered are the requirements of the OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy, or Lockout/tagout Standard, procedures for the application of locks and tags, and a discussion of the types of energy these procedures are designed to control.
- Identify key components of the lockout/tagout standard.
- Name the purpose and elements of an energy control program.
- Discuss the responsibilities of people involved with lockout/tagout.
- List elements that must be included in energy control procedures.
- Summarize the training and inspection requirements.
- Illustrate steps to safely apply energy shutdown.
- Describe the basic requirements for lockout/tagout devices.