A certificate, or record of training, will be provided to you upon completion of your course.
You will then have to download the 5000-23 form and have it signed by your site manager. Click here to download the 5000-23 form.
You will need to add your mine or independent contractor name as well as their identification number and the name of the competent person who can verify the training you received. Then, the certificate must be signed by the person designated as responsible for safety training in your Part 46 training plan before it is valid.
MSHA New Miner Training Course
Each topic in our New Miner Training course is designed in compliance with MSHA requirements for the training of miners based on the Title 30 CFR – Part 46 regulations for surface miners and surface mining contractors. The set of topics can be used to help meet requirements for new miner training for all surface miners.
OSHA.com’s MSHA New Miner Training course is compliant with Part 46 regulations and training requirements.
Our New Miner Training provides over 8 hours of MSHA Part 46 compliancy training. This package includes:
- Over 8 hours of training
- 15 training modules based on MSHA’s Part 46 requirements
- A quick and easy way to deliver required training
- Access to electronic printable tests and answer guides
This curriculum is designed in compliance with federal requirements to offer new miners a useful, comprehensive, and effective training tool. In accordance with federal regulations, this interactive material must be administered in conjunction with supervised, on-site training as part of an approved training plan.
The information provided in this course is based on extensive industry research, insights from experienced miners, and MSHA best practices.
Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with a valuable learning experience that inspires good judgment and safe work habits for many years of safe mining.
This training program is organized as a hierarchy of grouped information based on the Part 46 requirements. Using this slide as an example, the structure is arranged as follows:
Actual training content resides within modules as a series of chapters containing related material ultimately presented in an interactive slide format.
The training content in each module begins with a set of learning objectives and concludes with an interactive and scored knowledge assessment. Other non-scored assessments may be distributed throughout longer modules.
The Surface Miner Training curriculum parallels the required and suggested topics outlined in the Part 46 federal regulations addressing miner training. These key topics are grouped into the following nine activities that make up the Surface Miner Training curriculum:
- Introduction to the Mining Environment
- Hazard Recognition and Avoidance
- Emergency Procedures
- Health and Safety Aspects of Tasks and Operations
- Hazard Reporting Rules and Procedures
- Statutory Rights of Miners
- Line of Authority
- Respiratory Devices
- First Aid
The MSHA New Miner Training Course is a bundle that contains the following 27 individual component courses. For more information on any of the individual courses please refer to our MSHA Courses page.
- MSHA - Chemical Hazards Overview
- MSHA - Emergency Spill Response
- MSHA - Hazard Determination
- MSHA - HazCom Overview
- MSHA - Mine Safety Rules
- MSHA - Reporting Hazards
- MSHA - Elements of Electrical Hazards
- MSHA - Sources of Electrical Hazards
- MSHA - Emergency Procedures
- MSHA - Rights of Miners
- MSHA - Rights of Miner Representatives
- MSHA - Environmental Hazards Overview
- MSHA - Hazards from Weather Conditions
- MSHA - Mobile Equipment in Mining
- MSHA - Stationary Equipment in Mining
- MSHA - General Equipment Guarding
- MSHA - Mobile and Stationary Equipment Guarding
- MSHA - Mobile Equipment Hazards
- MSHA - Stationary Equipment Hazards
- MSHA - Physical and Electrical Hazards
- MSHA - MSHA Surface Miner Training Overview
- MSHA - MSHA - CFR 30 Overview
- MSHA - Line of Authority Structure
- MSHA - Operational Line of Authority
- MSHA - Administrative Line of Authority
Some of our satisfied customers
“Course is easy to use online, very well put together, materials are great and the entire program is well-supported in all areas.”