RCRA in Day-to-Day Operations
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is designed to track hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Under RCRA, hazardous waste generators are the first link in the cradle-to-grave hazardous waste management system. This Module covers RCRA Regulations relating to Generators, Containers, and Hazardous Waste Management Plan (HWMP). The goal of HWMP is to handle hazardous waste in a safe, efficient, and environmentally sound manner and to comply with RCRA regulations.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the roles of and regulatory requirements for hazardous waste generators
- Follow safety considerations when accumulating and transporting hazardous wastes
- Ensure proper management and inspection of hazardous waste containers following container standards
- Describe regulatory standards for rendering a hazardous waste container or inner liner RCRA empty
- Explain goals and requirements for a hazardous waste management plan
All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson. The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.
Upon successful completion of course you will be able to print your certificate.