SST 4-Hour Fall Prevention
Learn about fall hazards, prevention methods, and OSHA's fall protection requirements. Enroll now!
360training is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
Provider ID Number: 4T02
About This Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
One in three fatalities in the industry are fall-related. With the #1 cause of death in construction being falls at the worksite, workers must understand risks and prevention.
While taking this course, workers learn the requirements of OSHA's Fall Protection in Construction standard and the explanations behind these rules. Through the lessons, workers increase their general understanding of fall hazards and prevention methods.
After completing the lessons and passing the 20-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you receive a certificate of completion. You get three attempts to pass the final – there is a quiz you after each lesson to help you prepare.
Note, THIS IS AN AWARENESS-LEVEL TRAINING ONLY and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
Employers MUST train workers to control fall hazards associated with their tasks and the proper use, limitations, and maintenance of fall-hazard controls. This includes using equipment such as personal fall arrest systems, retractable lifelines, vertical lifelines, scaffolds, and ladders.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Fall Prevention
- Fall Protection Plan and Training
- Types of Fall Protection-Passive Systems
- Elements of Fall Protection Systems
- Steel Structural Assembly Standards
- Hole Covers
- Rules for Stairways
- Rules for Ladders
- Construction of Scaffolds
- Warning and Marking System
- Other Areas that Require Fall Protection
- Sidewalk Sheds
- Personal Fall Arrest Systems (PFAS)
- Define terms associated with falls in construction.
- Recognize, avoid, and prevent falls hazards.
- Describe regulatory safety requirements associated with falls, including OSHA's Subpart M.
- Make informed decisions when working at heights.
- Illustrate statistics of fatal falls as the most common cause of death in construction.
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]