SST 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User and Refresher
Understand the common causes of scaffold accidents and learn prevention methods in this regulation training. Enroll now and earn your SST card online.
OSHA.com is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
Provider ID Number: 4T02 with 360training as the authorized provider
Includes: Certificate of Completion
About This Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
Workers, contractors, and pedestrians are at risk due to the hazards from temporarily elevated surfaces.
This required refresher course teaches you relevant federal and local regulations for using supported scaffolds in New York City.
This course also refreshes injury prevention while working on or near scaffolds. This course has information on personal protective equipment (PPE), unsafe conditions identification, passive and active fall protection, and emergency situation review.
After completing the lessons and passing the 20-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you'll get a certificate of completion. You get three attempts to pass the final quiz. Each lesson includes a preparation quiz.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- What is a Scaffold?
- Scaffold Safety Measures & Equipment
- Protecting Employees from Workplace Hazards
- Head, Eye, Face, Hearing, Foot, Hand & Body Protection
- Choosing Personal Protection Equipment
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- Site Safety Planning
- Principles of Fall Protection
- Areas Required to have Fall Protection
- Types of Fall Protection— Passive Systems
- Types of Fall Protection— Active Systems
- Emergency Situations & Unsafe Conditions
- Identify the components of supported and suspension scaffolds.
- Examine common causes and prevention of scaffolding accidents.
- Summarize the OSHA standards regarding falls, scaffolds, and personal protective equipment.
- Discuss the NYC Construction Code.
- Describe the NYC Department of Building Requirements.
- Explain general principles of fall protection.
- Recall PPE and fall arrest system purposes and uses.
- Determine the safety concerns when using a supported scaffold.
- Conduct suspended scaffold inspections.
- Review emergency situations and preparedness procedures.
- Outline the NYC buildings Unsafe conditions (311) notification procedures.
- Outline the NYC/DOI Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet.
Instructor: John Rupp Jr.
Email: [email protected]