Tool Box Talks
SST supervisors are responsible for maintaining site safety. This course teaches how and why Toolbox Talks helps you achieve this goal. Enroll now!
Provider ID Number: 4T02
This is a 360training training course. 360training is an approved provider by the New York City Department of Buildings.
About This Course
360training.com, Inc. is accredited by the International Accreditors for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and offers IACET CEUs for its learning events that comply with the ANSI/IACET Continuing Education and Training Standard. IACET is recognized internationally as a standard development organization and accrediting body that promotes quality of continuing education and training.Our IACET Accreditation.
Supervisors use a "Toolbox Talk" as an informal safety meeting often focused on a single workplace topic within the construction industry. Toolbox Talks are also known as Topical Safety Meetings. These meetings aim to enforce an employer's training program and address safety needs. These meetings quickly become a crucial element in fostering a safety culture at the workplace.
In this course, you'll learn how to conduct a Toolbox Talk and understand why they are necessary at your job site. This course includes an overview of sample topics, like the significant safety roles on a construction site and OSHA's Focus Four hazards.
After completing the lessons and passing the 10-question final exam with a score of at least 75%, you'll get a certificate of completion right away. You get three attempts to pass the final. There is a quiz after each lesson to help you prepare.
What You Get
Certificate of completion
Courses Available 24/7
At your own pace, save progress as you go
Customer support available 7 days a week
Content is updated and current
- Toolbox Talk Basics
- Sample Toolbox Talk Topics— Construction Focus Four- Electrical Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Struck by Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Caught-in-or-between Hazards
- Construction Focus Four— Fall Protection
- Training Principles for Delivery Effective Safety Toolbox Talks
- Recognize Toolbox Talks as a quick and easy way for competent individuals to reinforce and supplement established training efforts, to keep the safety and health compliance at the forefront.
- Heighten trainees' awareness of the need for effective toolbox talks.
- Demonstrate how to obtain feedback from workers when providing toolbox talks so the talks can become more relevant to what tasks the workers are performing.
- Identify how effective toolbox talks can increase camaraderie, communication and overall jobsite culture.
- Understand the roles of workers on the construction site.
- Determine the most effective way to control a hazard on a construction site.
- Identify the 4 most common hazards on a construction site.
Instructor: Curtis Chambers ([email protected])
Customer Support: 877-881-2235